- Rating: 3/5
- Exercise. Ancestors walked 10-20 km/day, makes you feel and think better. Refreshes neurons. Aerobic exercise, 30 minutes at a clip, 3 times/wk. Add a strengthening regimen and you get even more cognitive benefit. Exercise gets blood to your brain, bringing it glucose for energy and oxygen to soak up the toxic electrons that are left over. It also stimulates the protein that keeps neurons connecting.
- Follow natural sleep cycle. Regenerates mind and body. Week of deprivation reduces cognition by 60%.
- Chronic stress is debilitating.
- Group information, keep presentations short.
- Spaced intervals for memory. Do this when teaching.
- Use more senses, text, audio, video. Visual sense most powerful effect.
Brain Rules by John Medina
December 28, 2020 • 1 min read